Friday 20 September 2013

REVIEW: benefit total moisture facial cream


Now that the colder weather is starting to show it's face again, I need a moisturizer that I can rely on to keep my oh so problematic skin feeling fresh and keep the dryness at bay.

I have tried countless moisturizers over the years and I just couldn't seem to find one that I felt really did what it said on the tin. So when I came across this one, and read some good reviews, I thought I'd give it a try.

I was completely won over by the cute packaging of Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream. Its held in a glass jar with a plastic 'cork' lid. It's quite heavy but it looks and feels expensive and of good quality, so my hopes were high before I'd even opened it up. It's a nice size, and although there isn't a lot of it, a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time.


The facial cream itself is thick and quite greasy, but it sinks into the skin fairly quickly. I usually leave it around 10-15 minutes if I'm applying it before doing my makeup, but I mostly use it before bed. It smells lovely too which is a bonus :-)


After trying product after product, I was so pleased when I gave this one a go and found that it worked! It sorted out my dry skin within a couple of days and I was super happy. However, I do find that it makes me break out if I use it too often, probably due to the greasiness of the product - or perhaps the fragrance - so it's really one of my go to products when my skin is particularly dry, rather than something I use every day.

I would definitely recommend this if you suffer with dry skin on your face - although if you've got oily skin it might not be such a great option. Obviously everyone will react to it differently, and perhaps it's just my skin reacting to the product causing me to break out, but I certainly don't regret purchasing this because I know I can rely on it if my skin decides to play up. For £27.50, it is quite pricey, but with colder weather creeping up on us and threatening dry skin, I would say it's worth it.

 
What's your go-to product to protect your skin from the cold weather? Have you tried Benefit Total Moisture?

laura xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments, I'd love to hear from you!